About the South Texas Cup Tournament
The 2014 South Texas Coed Cup will be held at Star Soccer Complez, San Antonio, Texas in March 7 - 7, 2015. The South Texas Cup is the official tournament, organized and administered by the Texas State Soccer Association-South (TSSAS). In order to encourage and increase player development, the State Association has created a system of competitions that recognizes the achievement of the better teams and players. These competitions are organized to establish state champions in the following categories:
- Coed Open Division
- Coed Over 30 Division
The tournaments are held every spring. The tournament format is decided each year by the State Commissioners. The State Cup tournament is open to every registered team in the State Association.
- Open & Over 30 Divisions
- Forms & Information
Coed Open & Over 30 Division Tournament Details
||March 7 - March 8, 2015
||February 6, 2015
|Final Rosters Due:
||February 20, 2015
||STAR Soccer Complex
5103 David Edwards Dr
San Antonio, Texas 78233
Field Map | Map & Directions
||Kathy Bustos, TSSAS Coed Commissioner - 210.233.6997 or email
- 6 Points for Win
- 3 Points for Tie
- 1 Point for Each Goal Scored Up to 3
- 1 Point for Shutout
- Total Maximum Points: 11
South Texas State Coed Cup Rules & Entry Forms
Additional Entry Information
- Players may be on one Over 30 roster and one Open roster but not on two rosters in Open or Over 30.
- Any team may enter the tournament but teams not included in the top 2-3, a $250 entry fee must be paid.
- EVERY team must post a refundable $100 bond to pay for red / yellow cards issued during the tournament.
- Tournament rosters are issued by the State Administrator, Frank Allcorn. Be sure to have all of your players registered prior to the final roster date.
- If your league has not yet registered players with TSSAS/USASA, you are not eligible to play in State Cup until registered. Any players placed on a team's roster must also be registered with TSSAS/USASA. Rosters are frozen one week before your team's first game of the tournament - all players must be registered by this date.
Important Day of Tournament Information
- Bring player cards with you to registration without exception. Please be sure the ID number and birth date match the ID number and birth date on the team roster. All cards must be signed and laminated.
- Teams must be at the fields and BE READY for player inspection 30 minutes BEFORE GAME TIME. A team not ready for inspection 30 minutes before game time will be fined $50.00, and the fine must be paid before the team will be allowed to play the next scheduled game, or that game will be a forfeit. For the purpose of clarification, a team consists of not less than 7 players.
- The STC rules will be followed at all times. A team dropping out of the STC after the schedule is distributed shall be fined $250. A team that fails to show up at the semi-finals or finals shall be fined $300 and suspended from participating in the STC the following year.
- The uniform shirts have to be identical with alternating jersey numbers. The shorts have to be the same color. If one pair has stripes and another does not, that’s OK. Just as long as they are the same color. The socks have to be the same color. If some have stripes at the top, down the side, etc. and some don’t, that’s OK. If one person wears the striped socks (world cup style) then everyone has to wear them because a primary color is not defined. Everyone has to have an alternate jersey. The goalkeeper jersey does not have to have a number.