About the TSSAS Hall of Fame
The Hall of Fame was introduced to acknowledge individuals who have contributed significantly and consistently to the objectives of TSSAS and the
promotion of the sport. Each year, the TSSAS Hall of Fame Committee considers nominations of individuals to the TSSAS Hall of Fame. Those selected
to the Hall join others who have contributed to the sport and to TSSAS.
Policies of the TSSAS Hall of Fame Induction
- There will be a maximum of two (2) inductions per year.
- Posthumous induction will be accepted (but will not count as one induction.)
- Hall of Fame induction ceremonies will be conducted every two years, on odd numbered years. All inductees in the past two years will be honored.
- induction ceremonies will be conducted at a banquet following the Annual General Meeting of TSSAS.
- Inductees to receive a plaque honoring them.
Hall of Fame Committee
- Patty Abshire, Chairperson
- Alice Klein
- Debra Sober
- Albert Chatreau, Honorary past Chairperson
Submit Nominations by July 1, 2019
Nominations for the 2019 TSSAS Hall of Fame will close on July 1, 2019. Inductees will be honored at the 2019 TSSAS Annual General Meeting
in August at the Hall of Fame Luncheon during that meeting. The Hall of Fame Luncheon will be provided at no cost to the members attending the AGM.
Please send your Hall of Fame nominations to Patty Abshire via email email@example.com
by July 1, 2019.
Nomination Requirements for State Hall of Fame
- Nominee recommendations must be submitted by someone other than the applicant to the Hall of Fame Committee.
- Applicant must have been involved in the promotion, organization and administration of adult soccer within the TSSAS jurisdictional area for
at least eight (8) years.
- Applicant must have been involved in the local level of soccer and have achieved a considerable record of success in administration and organization
of local soccer programs.
- Applicant must have shown good character and good morals in dealing with others during their service in soccer programs.
- Applicant must have shown by his/her achievements and outstanding zeal, interest and dedication in the promotion of the sport.
- A resume of applicant should be sent along with the recommendations. Newspaper clippings, articles or any other information pertaining to soccer
promotion, dedication and administration should be attached to the resume.
- Deadline for submittal of nominations to the Committee Chairman is July 1.
TSSAS Hall of Fame Members
* Member is also in the USASA Hall of Fame
** Member is deceased